07 January 2007

RAK: Mission Accomplished!

Today, I met with Doroethy, Hattie's granddaughter. She was pleased to get her grandmother's baby picture back, but was still at a loss as to how it left the family in the first place. She showed me a picture of Hattie as an elderly woman, as well as pictures of Hattie's husband, Doroethy's mother (Hattie's daughter), and her paternal grandparents. She said that, on her father's side, she has genealogy back hundreds of years.





Doroethy said that she would be putting a story in her family newsletter, which she publishes 3 times a year. I told her that my mother would be putting a little story in her company's newsletter. She was very grateful to have the picture back, and I feel wonderful for having reunited the photograph with it's family!





Here is Doroethy with Hattie's baby picture:






Random Act of Kindness #1 for 2007: COMPLETE!